
Whelp, looks like I might be in over my head. My brother, Matt, is getting married (to one of the most fabulous women I know) and they asked me to make their cake. Now, it's just a funfetti cake and they are having lots of other desserts too... BUT it is 3 tiers and I have to transport it from Raleigh to Charlotte. Hmmm...
Although strentuous and leading to the verge of tears, the process was quite fun! Here's the first pouring of the batter. Notice the confidence level compared to the previous photo. Little did I know I was making humble pie...

Matthew bringing lots of cheer and not so much whine :)

My Sous Chef... Mom :)

Here's the cake rising...

and rising...
Aaaaaand the final product...

Yes, that's batter in the middle and me being so sad :(
Fun was had by all.
Less than 2 weeks!!!

Talked to one of my co-workers who's had much more practice than I have. Will change some things and have trial #2 next weekend. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment