November 7, 2010

13.1... check!

Well here we are... all in one piece.  We woke up this morning (quite early!) and the daylight savings helped :)  We were lookin rough, but ate our bagels with peanut butter glopped on (yummmm) and headed to the race with our good friends Mark, Kristy, and their son Drew.  I will say, it was freeeezing!  However, much better than my first half marathon where I didn't bring a coat.  Ummm yea, learned my lesson the first time and was much more comfortable this time around.  We were smiling tho!







The gun went off and I needed a bathroom break 2 miles in (too much info, I know) so JT went on ahead.  Took me a good 35 minutes but I caught up to him.  We ran side by side for the rest of the way.  That is until I pulled ahead the last half mile and beat him by 30 seconds.  I have been running for 7 years and this man has been running for 6 months.  So I will swim in that 30 seconds until he beats me next race (did I just say "next race?").
(notice he's passing the nice lady on his left)


(Mark coming down the home stretch!)


Way to go guys!

These foil things really do keep you warm


I just love this little boy!


We love the DeCiccos


JT's boss Lori and co-worker (and friend) Mark


Soooo happy!
After we got home we ate whatever we wanted ('bout to go get a milkshake to wash down those lofthouse cookies), watched lots of TV, and just relaxed.  I went grocery shopping which helped my legs loosen up.  JT is still suuuper sore so we are going for a walk in a few minutes.  Overall it was a great experience.  We stayed safe, healthy, and even finished in sub 2 hours!  (1:58:24 for me and 1:58:55 for him).  I 'm so grateful for a husband who would pick up a sport, which he really doesn't like, just to spend time with me... and he did so well too!  He's already talking about our next one while I just want to focus on this one being over :) 



Quick shoutout to Mark who just picked up running when JT did, Laurel who definitely had perseverance until the end, and Lori who is an inspiration to all!  Not to mention Kristy who held all our things, took care of a 3 year old for hours in the cold and did the driving just to support us.  What a great day.  God is so good :)

No comments: