July 14, 2021

The West calls

 It seems JT and I haven't had enough of the West because our hearts felt a "tugging" to head that way again. In February (on Superbowl Sunday actually) JT booked a place for us in Carbondale, Co. I found an airbnb that looked lovely and he pulled the trigger! We left Tuesday, July 6th and landed in Carbondale this past Monday, July 12th. We stopped up in Ohio first to see JT's parents for a few days then headed on our way. I will give you a chronology along with a narrative of the events. 

Rewind to July 6th. 


Aren't those lovely smiles? What the picture doesn't show is our blood pressure :) This was right after we walked out of the house ready to hit the road. We had just spent the previous 3 hours going as fast as we could to get all the things packed and the house somewhat cleaned. Phew! I remember this moment and it felt like I deserved a personal trainer to come over and squirt one of those bottles full of Gatorade into my mouth. Oh well. For now I'll give myself a DJ tanner fist pump and call it a day.


The exact minute of departure

If you squint you can see JT giving a thumbs up. Bye Birch Creek! See you on the flippity flip!


When we do a normal road trip to Ohio to see Mimi and Pappy we don't do state line gifts. Since this was technically a leg of the trip west we naturally had to have them. The droopy eyes were first in play and they were quite the hit.







While we were in Ohio visiting Mimi and Pappy we also spent that Wednesday the 8th with JT's sister, hubby and fam. Both our families aren't usually up in Ohio at the same time so this was a treat. We ate at the Hot Dog Shoppe, fed goats at a family farm, and had a little party for Dash and Trip's birthdays. The boys sure love their cousins and it was great having the whole clan together. 


We love Nanabelle!




Whenever I tell Pace to smile this has been his latest response. A chip on the ole shoulder I guess😂



Nanabelle brought bubbles. Always a hit!





Mimi desperately wanted a picture of her grandkids in a pyramid. What Mimi wants, Mimi gets! JT and Kristy hid behind the pyramid holding the younger 2 up but I think it turned out well!



When it got late enough we did sparklers. Our blood pressure was quite high but we successfully ended the night with zero burns :)






Although a quick visit we loved seeing JT's family. On Friday morning we packed up early and hit the road. Hold those thoughts, I'm going to finish this post and continue as soon as I get a moment. Right now I'm eating a Buddah bowl (I assure you, it has nothing to do with Buddah) while The Princess Bride is playing and I'm going to enjoy the moment. Sit tight!

No comments: