June 27, 2012

5 years : )

Last Friday (June 22) JT and I celebrated 5 years of marriage.  And what a wonderful 5 years it has been!!  He is an amazing husband and leader of our household and it's been a privilege to watch him be a father now too.  He challenges me to be more like Christ while giving me the grace to learn.  He knows everything about me.  My strengths, my weaknesses, the little things that make me smile, what I'm thinking, what gets me all fired up, what calms me down, how to hug me, how to make me laugh, how to cheer me up and look on the bright side of things.  He plays games with me, jokes with me, hangs out in sweatpants and gets all dressed up.  He's the best grill man, golfer, athlete, and voice impersonator I know.  There is so much I love about this man.  I fell head over heels for him years ago and it only gets stronger with time.  Because through the good and bad (as God promises trials in his Word) we always make it to the other side hand in hand with our eyes heavenward. Thank you, Justin for such a wonderful life together.  For never giving up on me and for being so devoted to our commitment and covenant.  For all the sacrifices you have made, for working so hard, and for standing firm in God's promises.  Thank you for being strong when I can't be, and for fighting for marriage in a world that wants to devalue it.  You are my knight.  And I love you.



My parents watched Jet so we could go out to eat.  Where you might ask??  Oh, just a little place I like to call... ANGUS BARN!  For those of you that don't live in North Carolina this is probably my favorite restaurant of all time (quite pricey I might add), so it's a huge treat to go.  The environment and decor is just my style.  Old barn, comfy feel, and really. really. really. good food.  Best steak I've ever had!  Here are are few pictures from the evening.



They gave us a complimentary "Happy Anniversary" sour cream pound cake :)

And for our Jet fans, a few pictures as of late.




God is good!  I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Mammy said...

You are so blessed to have JT! He was the answer to our prayers for a lifelong partner for you. Dynamic couple! We love you both so much!

I recognize blue monkey!

Mom and Dad said...

Nice tribute to JT, Summer Clare. We're pretty proud of him ourselves. Sounds like you had a nice anniversary dinner and some time alone.
Lots of love to all,
Mom and Dad