October 11, 2020

The Longs!

I still pinch myself... our friends FLEW during a pandemic across the country to visit us. We didn't tell the boys and pretended to "look at planes" at the airport. Then their best buddy shows up. It was nothing but smiles and good times from there. 

I met Stephanie 13 years ago at a church function. I remember her as the girl who doesn't like to cook and she remembers me as the googly-eyed newly wed who had been married for 3 months. We ended up in the same Sunday School class, went through life working as teachers, then pregnant together with boys that would become best friends, and now walk life together as homeschool moms. We've been together through hard and good times in marriage, pregnancies, Bible Studies, play dates, holidays, field trips, girl's weekends, vacations, and the list could go on. JT also found a best friend in Jason sharing interests in sports, work, spiritual walks, and imitating the pittsburgh Dad. Not to mention Caleb and the girls fit right in to our crew. Our kids can play for 12 hours and leave asking for more. These 2 have supported us through everything and we couldn't be more thankful for them in our lives. Now we have Utah in the book of memories... we love them!

We started the weekend with a campfire in the woods near the river (same spot we were at a few weeks ago). The boys explored the woods and we had the Long signature smores with Reese cups. It was a great time!












How are they 8 already?!


JT and Jason got to play a round of golf and since we're staying right on the 18th tee box the boys got to go through the path and watch their Dad's tee off. We love this part of where we stay! 



On Sunday we went to some Gardens here where the boys love to feed the fish. It was so fun!
(These flower pictures are specifically for Erin :)












 I didn't take too many pictures because I think I was enjoying the moments :) Not pictured is an entire day where the guys watched all the boys while Stephanie and I had a shopping day together. We took a very long drive through the Utah mountains and just enjoyed the fellowship of each other's company. I'll never forget it! 

1 comment:

Grammy said...

What wonderful friends!! And a memory for the books!