August 7, 2012

7 months!

Last Friday Jet Thomas was 7 months old.  Every month I feel like time is flying.  Some of the things to remember about this month:

-Getting much better at sitting.  If he has a toy he can sit up to 20 seconds or so, but inevitably falls over before long.
-Loooooves pears, bananas, cereal, avacado, and mango.  Kid would eat 8 mango's if I let him.
-Giggles now, especially when tickled with no shirt on.  Very ticklish feet too.
-Definitely knows when mommy leaves the room.  Will cry and will even reach on occasion.
-Knows who Daddy is, smiles when he walks in the room.
-Really interested in toys especially if they make noise or have lights.
-Plays on the blanket by himself with toys surrounding him.
-Is learning to be patient while waiting for food.
-Eats all meals (except bottles) in the high chair.
-Learning to hold his own bottle.  Can do this by himself 80 percent of the time.
-Kicks when he's excited and grunts at the same time.
-Likes soft stuffed animals and blankets.
-Puts everything in his mouth.
-Eats 3 meals a day with a bottle before bed and takes 2 or 3 naps (mostly 3).
-Can push his shoulders off the ground and look right at you.
-Bringing his knees in as if he's going to start crawling.
-He can scoot around his crib and the blanket by pushing with his feet.
-Sleeps about 12 hours a night :)
-Likes to sneeze.  Always smiles afterwards.
-Starting to play with blocks (mommy stacks them and he knocks them down).
-Is a big boy!  He's out of all 6 month clothes and wears a few 9 month but mostly 12 month clothes.  Whenever people meet him they look surprised when I say he's 7 months.  Most people think he's a year old.


We did our normal photo shoot.  However, this was the first "challenging" shoot I had.  He's no longer my immobile boy who just sits and smiles.  I'll narrate the story for you :)


First couple pictures, smiling cute as normal


The sign fell so I had to reposition it.  This allowed him to find it right next to him.

Took the sign away and he saw the remote...

Then, he reached for the remote...

Fell while reaching for the remote

Got everything back to order.  He sneezed...

Then, he sneezed again...

Then, he smiled because he sneezed.

Back to cheezin for the camera

Whoop, saw the remote again

Found the sign again

Grabbed the sign this time

Sitting like a big boy, but then falling over

I really wanna grab that sign...

Oh look, the TV's on

Too distracted to look at Mommy 

So she moved in front of the TV

I'm tired

I love you Mommy

Boy, this was fun.

The End

We love you Jet Thomas!  You're such a wonderful little boy and God continues to amaze us as we watch you grow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time seems to be flying by for all of us. Jet is such a happy baby and it shows. Looovvveeeddd the carrot pixs! That should keep those gums busy......

Can't wait to see him (and Daddy and Mommy) again....

Love to all,
Mimi and Pappy

Jet's Mammy said...

A day without Jet is like a day without sunshine. Looking forward to my babysitting dates!